Made in Greenwich
The Best Macaroni & Cheese
Not only is this the best Mac & Cheese in the world, it’s easy to make and this version uses local ingredients.
- 1 knob of butter
- 350g macaroni
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Full Moon
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 500ml whole milk
- 150g Wildes Cheese Napier, grated
- 100g Wildes Cheese St Bruce, grated
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- Boil the pasta for 2 mins less than stated on the pack.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the garlic and mustard, cook for 1 min, then stir in the flour. Cook for 1 min more, then gradually whisk in the milk until you have a lump-free sauce.
- Simmer for 5 mins, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Take off the heat, then stir in the Full Moon, all the Wildes Cheese and half the Parmesan.
- Stir the pasta and some seasoning into the cheesy sauce, then tip into a large ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan, then bake for 20 mins until crisp and golden.
We'll be closed for business from the 19th December until the 7th January. Dismiss