- 500g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 80ml Vinaigrette
- 80ml Honey Moon
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
Optional: Salt & Pepper, Lemon Wedges
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel. Season each side with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinaigrette, Honey Moon and garlic. Whisk together and set aside 100ml.
- Pour the rest of the mixture into a large resealable plastic bag and add the shrimp. Tightly seal the bag and gently turn the bag to make sure all of the shrimp is covered in the marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade for later.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and drain the shrimp, discarding the marinade.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers.
- Grease the grill by coating a paper towel in olive oil and holding the paper towel with tongs and rubbing over the grill grate.
- Grill the shrimp (uncovered) over medium heat for 1 and 1/2 minutes to 2 minutes per side. Baste constantly with the reserved marinade mixture.
- Remove and serve with dipping sauce and fresh lemon if desired. (Dipping sauce: whisk the ingredients together.)
To cook in a skillet
- Follow directions 1-4 above to marinate the shrimp.
- When ready to cook, warm a skillet over high heat with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. When the pan is hot, add half of the shrimp (discard marinade) in a single layer and cook until the edges turn pink -- about 1 minute.
- Remove from the pan from the heat and using tongs, flip each shrimp. Let stand for about 30 seconds. The shrimp should turn pretty opaque. Transfer that shrimp to a plate and repeat to cook the rest of the shrimp.
- Once all the shrimp are cooked, return both batches to the skillet along with the remaining 1/3 cup marinade mixture and toss to combine. Cover skillet and let stand off of the heat until shrimp are cooked through about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve with dipping sauce or lemon wedges as desired.